By the end of Unit 1, you should be able to:
1. Explain the changing profile of Procurement function and its increasing contribution to profitability and strategic importance.
2. Identify the relationship between procurement and other functional areas.
3. Explain how procurement can affect an organisation’s competitive position.
4. Identify the generic competitive strategies and the sources of competitive advantage.
5. Describe how procurement decisions are determined by the organisation’s competitive priorities, its resource capabilities and the environment.